Sunday 31 August 2014

Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes - Collab

Today I have a post of my 'Top 5 Summer Nail Polishes' This is a collaboration with the wonderful account prettyperfectxoxo. She will be doing her top 5 drugstore makeup items alongside my nail polish picks. I hope you like this post and then check out her perfect account. Enjoy!



These nail polishes are the top 5 I have been wearing this summer. They are in no particular order.

1. My first favourite is by MUA. It is called 'Frozen Yogurt'. It is such an amazing colour and last really well but it is surprisingly only £1. You can buy it at super drug but also here on the MUA website. I definitely
recommend as it won't break the bank just to try it!







2. My second favourite is by Barry M. It is the colour 'blueberry'  from their famous Gelly Hi-Shine collection. Personally I don't feel like like it is as good as people say as it doesn't last that long on me and peels off. (I think the reason for this is because I have had it so long.) So you may wonder why it is on my favourites? Well it is such an amazingly beautiful summer colour so I still recommend. You can find it in boots or superdrug for £3.99, if not you can find it here as the colour gnp5.





3. My third recommendation is from Ciate. Now I know these nail polishes are £9 and may be slightly expensive however I got this free from a magazine a while ago. However it is a wonderful colour called 'Sand Dune'. It makes a tan look even more beautiful in summer. So though it is expensive it is worthwhile unless you can find a similar colour. You can find it here





4. My next summer nail polish is also from Barry M however on me it lasts a lot longer, surprisingly with it being £1 cheaper at £2.99 than the Gelly Hi-Shine. It is in the colour Mint Green and it is the perfect summer colour. Like the other Barry M nail polish you can get it from boots or superdrug but also here as the colour np304.






5. My final favourite summer nail polish pick I believe is sadly unavailable. However it is the colour that I would love to recommend. I personally believe coral and peachy colours are one of the best for summertime on almost any skin tone.







Here is what the colours look like swatched on my nails - they all have only one coat to show how pigmented they are. This is important for me in summer nail polishes as I like to be able to paint them quickly for me to go out an enjoy my summer.







Thankyou for reading and I hope you check out prettyperfectxoxo as I love her account.

Sam x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lovely, great post. Thanks for collabing with me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have that exact Barry M one in Blueberry I love it sooo much! The colour is gorgeous especially for Summer! Abi :) MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and lovely choice of nail polishes!xx

    ReplyDelete