Sunday 27 July 2014

July Favourites

Skincare Favourites:
LUSH Magnaminty - I first got this face mask as a sample to help get rid of spots for prom however I was surprised how well it worked. So after using it as a sample at the beginning of July I have been using the one I brought once a week. It is also self-preservative so you don't have to keep in fridge and lasts longer than the Fresh Face Masks and smells deliciously of peppermint, which is there to help freshen your face. I recommend you ask for a sample first but then the face mask is £5.25 for 125 g or £9.25 for 315g. Although it does cost a fair bit I really do recommend it especially for spot prone skin and it has been a must have for July!! You can find it here


Makeup Favourites:
Tanya Burr Lips and Nails Lipgloss in 'Picnic in the Park.' It is a gorgeous colour perfect for summer! You can find it on superdrug here! It also smells beautifully like strawberry so is fresh for summer.



Nail Polish Favourites:
This month I have had two gel manicures, one for prom and one for holiday, so have loved that, I. It last ages although the first time it did unfortunately start to peel off rather quickly.



Book Favourites:
If you have read my last post you will know that I have been on a mission to read the whole of Harry Potter and then the films, I am virtually finished. It is an absolutely amazing series so will not be just a monthly favourite but a forever favourite I think.



Film Favourites:
This definitley has to be 'The Book Thief.' After reading the book I had been waiting for the DVD, but I am not going to talk about it as I have already done and indepth review of it here

Music Favourites:
My main music favourite was going to Hyde Park on 6th July with one of my friends. We saw McBusted, Back Street Boys, Diversity, The Vamps and Scouting for Girls. It was such an eventful day, were nearly caught in the middle of a fight; got drenched; saw a rainbow during 'Five Colours in her Hair' the Mcfly song (how apt); The Vamps Brad got a nose bleed but continued playing and McBusted even played Air Hostess twice! However unfortunately Lawson and Five were also meant to be playing but got cut last minute due to stage difficulties, but I still had an amazing day. I have some photos, from my instagram to show some highlights and the merchandise! 








Random Favourites:
This month was my Year 11 prom and, though it means it will be the last time I see some people, I had an absolutely amazing time. Me and two of my friends even got our hair and makeup done professionally, with one of them even getting a spray tan!
This was how I had my hair done for prom night!
I have also been really happy that I got my first ever job, I have now been doing it for just over a month! This is one of my top favourites of this month as it is a new experience and I am now earning. I have also taken my mum and dad out for a meal, from my first ever pay packet!

*I am going on holiday to Rhodes, Greece on the 29th July so I won't be posting. I can't wait and I am sure it will be one of my August Favourites.

Sam x

Follow or add me at goodreads
Also follow my instagram



7 comments:

  1. i've nominated you for the liebster award, go over to my blog to see how it works! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair for your prom looked stunning
    Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou I had it done at a local hair salon :)x

      Delete
  3. ust followed you!! Hope you can drop by my blog and perhaps follow back?

    Lucy // Lucys Life Through a Lense

    ReplyDelete